Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

~WW Skinny Meg Link-UP~


Sorry Skinny Meg your button should be here but I couldn't get the link to work.....


I Know, I know I promised this last week and didn't get it done.  I thought I would share my killer leg workout that I do at home. This workout makes me want to die and call my mommy to help me.  By the end I crumble to the floor to stretch it out.

Warm Up:

15 minutes on the treadmill, bike or just dance around like a lunatic (I have done the latter).  If I do the bike or treadmill then I will do 3 minutes at a warm up pace, then do 30sec to 1 min intervals of as fast as these little legs of mine will go and then equal amount of going really slow, reapeat for 10 minutes and then take 2 minutes to cool it back down a little so you don't have a heart attack when you step off the machine.

Leg Workout - I use Heavy weights 15lb dumbells.  Do 8-12 reps and do the entire workout 3X

Weighted Squats
Weighted Walking Lunges (20 rep) These are also named "Hell" and will make you want to curse
Weighted Plie Squats
Weighted Step ups
Standing Latereral Leg raises
Standing Calf Raises
Wall Sits - 60 Seconds - You will want to Die

Cool down - For Pete's sake - make sure you stretch that shit out!

Not for the faint of heart!



4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog via Skinny Meg's link up. I can't wait to try this workout! I am always trying to come up with new ways to work my legs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck! Let me know how you make out :)

      Delete
  2. Hey! found you through the skinny meg link up. I saw her button code was a jumbled up mess, so I recoded it, email me at 'thecutestcurliest@gmail.com for the code (can't leave it in your comments) . I don't have weights at home, you have any suggestions as to something I could find in the house that'd be about this heavy? How well does the leg workout work without the weights?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry just getting your comment! I will email you right away :)

      Delete