Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Feeding an addiction

For months I have been going nuts about not being able to run because I am recovering from an injury (I am sure that I have driven my husband and close friends bat-shit crazy about it) I sucked it up (so I won't have to suck it in) and bought a pool membership. 

The first time I went I wore my two piece tankini bathing suit - well it must be a little small cause every lap I swam either the top rolled up or the bottoms slid down (Now there is a mental image I am sure you didn't need) I swam for almost 1/2 hour. I would rotate between laps and treading water (running) in the deep end.  I was so week that I could only do 10 laps before I would need to tread or run.

The second time I went I bought myself a one piece (the sight of my thighs in the mirror of the store scared myself) Felt just a bit stronger when I was swimming plus I wasn't worried about body parts escaping ;)

Then I went last night and man what a difference it made I can now do 20 laps before I need to switch to treading.

Just that small advance in a stronger body felt so good!  I know that I am ready to lose this weight this time. Its finally clicked and its all about me! My eating has been pretty good, keeping the portion sizes normal & treating myself once in a while so I don't feel deprived.  That's the key isn't - don't deprive yourself.  It will just make you feel worse about yourself in the long run and cut out the negative self talk.

Well it's off to the pool for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment